Thursday, July 9, 2015

Maybe it is Time to 
Put Shedd, Oregon
on the MapTravel Pointer From
                                         TimWilliam McCormick

I needed to meet with my slightly older brother,
Robert Nevin McCormick, yesterday morning. He
still lives on the home place where my sister Sharon, 
brother Bobby, and my child-person, Timmy, were 
raised Presbyterian by parental team-leaders
Robert William and Muriel in the ways of rural splendor.

I have taken residence in central Salem, Oregon in a modest
garden home next to the Yew portion of Bush Park. Bush Park, 
with due credit to CNN, is world famous for it's resident attach 
owls=== natively trained to take their anger out on joggers with 
talon-sharp skull-noogies that defy description. The wife and 
I are quite attached to the gentle who-ing of bespoke wise birds, 
but would rather see the area recognized for the tour-friendly
acreage of The Deepwood Estate, a visual highlight of Yew Park.

I do not get back to the home place often, thus a trip to the farm
is an event for me, and requires some logistical planning. I like to 
grab a bite on my trips, yet had to drive through two different I-5
exit parking lots, only to be disappointed by vacant shells of favorite 
diners from years previous. Then it dawned on me. I had heard that
the old Shed Cafe in Shedd, Oregon had been reopened for the N-th 
time. I would be going through Shedd--- as the Home place is sited
between the small towns of Shedd and Peoria. Why not check the old 
cafe out. I had a pretty tasty breakfast. This story is considered
relevant to posting with =The Chicago Rub= because many of the 
families of the rural community have ancestors that took work in a 
young Chicago, Illinois; so that they might save up enough money to
afford outfitting for a long wagon trek across the Oregon Trail.


No comments:

Post a Comment